This is a big deal for me.
When it comes to some of my all-time favorite things, I tend to be a bit protective. I hate to put what I enjoy out there for fear that it won’t be well-received, or that I will be judged by it. But, I decided to share something I enjoy with you all: supporting independent films.
Several years ago, I was in the middle of a study break and I was looking for something to watch. I stumbled across the film A Good Day to be Black and Sexy on Amazon. I was intrigued by the bold title and I like to watch independent films so I decided to give it try. The film consists of a series of vignettes concerning people in various relationship scenarios. Overall, I found the film to be okay aside from one scene- “Her Man”. The scene involves a married man having to deal with the demands of his mistress. I found myself so taken by the dialog that I felt as if I were there as a fly on the wall. That single scene led me to research the director, Dennis Dortch and led me to Black & Sexy TV., then a newly formed YouTube channel.
The main characters of the six shows featured on Black & Sexy TV’s YouTube channel are twenty and thirty-something African-Americans from all walks of life who are navigating their personal relationships. In The Couple, we see a cohabitating couple deal with the each other’s quirks while living together. Hello Cupid follows two best friends who try their hand at online dating to scandalous results. Roomieloverfriends poses the question: what happens when your roommate becomes something more? That Guy follows the day to day lives of Judah and Mike, two average guys and their personal relationships.
Recently, Black & Sexy TV gave its fans a Christmas present in That Guy: The Movie. The film answers many questions that were left unanswered in the Season 2 cliffhanger finale. I have already viewed the movie and thoroughly enjoyed it and have decided to host a giveaway.
If you are already a fan of That Guy tests your knowledge with this quiz:
To enter the giveaway, please follow the following instructions:
1. Enter by following this link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/02fd3ff00/?
2. The giveaway will be open: Monday, December 29, 2014 at 12:00am – Sunday, January 4, 2015 12:00am
3. The winner will be announced on Monday, January 5, 2015
4. The winner of the That Guy Movie Giveaway will be selected at random using the software provided by http://www.rafflecopter.com and will notified via email. They will also be announced on twitter and by first name and last initial on this blog (It’s Lily O.).
5. A link to the prize (That Guy: The Movie + Bonus Features) will be emailed to the winner within 48 hours of the announcement.